- Village Map
- Town Square Condominiums
- Sleigh Rides
- Dogsled Excursions
- Village Services and Amenities
Twilight Dogsled Excursions in the Valley
A unique and enchanting experience by moonlight or headlight.
A mix of powerful, friendly, traditional sled dogs take riders on an evening excursion, providing a memorable and authentic experience of travel.
Friday and Saturday Evenings from late December to early March, (or as Mother Nature allows). Other evenings may be possible with advance reservations. Ride schedule subject to change depending on snow and weather conditions.
Excursions at 4:45, 5:30, 6:15 (7:00 ride may be scheduled once others are full.)
About The Mountain Taster Ride
After check-in at the Town Square, guests will drive to and park at Livermore parking area and walk around to the base of Tripoli Road to meet the guides and dog teams. Following a question and answer period, the guides will get guests loaded in the sled, and then dogs, guests, and musher will be off and running! The trail ascends to Osceola Campground for moonlit mountain vistas and then loops back for the excitement and thrill of the downhill back to the staging area. This run is just under two miles.
$65 per person • Entire experience is approximately 25-35 minutes. (2 miles)
Single riders only. Maximum weight per sled is 200 pounds.
Minimum age is 7 years.
Ages 12+ : single riders only. $65.
Ages 7-11: if riding single $65 (adult rider must be booked on another single sled).
Ages 7-11: if riding double $80.
Approximately one-third to one-half of the experience is time riding on the dog sled.
Up to 4 sleds available.
Deposits and Cancellations
Full payment is due at the time of booking. If guest cancels a ride more than 72 hours prior to ride, deposit is refunded less a $15 cancellation fee. No fee will be charged for rides that are rescheduled more than 72 hours prior to ride. If guest cancels a ride less than 72 hours prior to ride, deposit is forfeited in entirety. Weather-related cancellations made by the guide will result in full refund of deposit.
More Excursion Details
- For the safety of our dogs and guests, we must adhere to the maximum weight restrictions per tour.
- Please note that this is an educational experience consisting of meeting guides and dogs, loading, riding, and photo opportunities.
- Approximately one-third to one-half of the experience time will be riding on the dog sled.
- Guests should dress appropriately for the weather.
- No Food or Drink is permitted on the sled or around the dogs.
- Please leave your own pets in a safe place away from the excursion site.
- Each guest (or guardian) will be required to sign a release form and pick up a ticket at the Town Square Condos check-in office, and should plan on doing so at least 30 minutes prior to the excursion time. At the site, guests will be given a temporary USFS parking permit.
To reserve your excursion or for more information, please call 603-236-8175 ext 1904 or visit the Town Square check-in desk. Info also available via email: email@example.com
For photos and more information about the dogs, please visit http://valleysnowdogz.com/