- Nordic Conditions
- Directors Diary
- Nordic Programs
- Trail Passes
- Nordic Trail Map
- Nordic Rentals
- Nordic Ski School
- Nordic Events
- The Yurt
Book Your StayRead reviews on
Snowshoeing is the fastest growing outdoor winter recreation activity in the US! Many of our nordic and alpine skiers and non-skier guests are discovering that this activity offers a low cost, easy and enjoyable way to experience the winter landscape while improving your physical fitness.
Snowshoeing Is Easy For All Ages
- Snowshoeing requires no special skills. If you can walk it's a cinch.
- Children can start snowshoeing as soon as they can walk and continue well into old age.
Snowshoeing Is Great Exercise
- Like hiking and walking, snowshoeing is a low impact activity that people with average fitness levels can enjoy.
- Runners, cyclists and other active people have found that depending on your pace, the snow conditions and your work-out schedule snowshoeing can be an excellent aerobic activity, burning up to 1000 calories per hour.
Snowshoeing Is Affordable
- Other than snowshoes, clothing appropriate for winter activity, water and snacks, you don't need any special equipment. Nearly 1/2 of all snowshoes sold cost $150 or less.
- Snowshoeing is affordable. It requires no lift ticket. All of the WVNC groomed trails are open to snow shoe travel. All you need is a trail pass and snowshoes--just $34 with rentals. An afternoon adventure is just $30.1230-4PM.
- Snowshoes Are Cool
- Advances in snowshoe construction and design are important factors related to the growing popularity of this activity.
- At the Nordic Center, we rent and sell a full inventory of Vermont Tubbs products. No Company has invested more in the growing sport.
- Tubbs snowshoes are the state of the art--streamlined size and shape (especially for women), constructed of lightweight and durable materials, requiring little or no maintenance.
Self Guided Snowshoe Trips
Since there are no lifts required and you can go virtually anywhere, a snowshoe adventure can be a self-guided, casual, spur of the moment walk in the woods or a daylong trek to a local summit. Our rental shop and ticket desk is open 8:30-4 daily.
Guided Snowshoe Hikes and Tours
Experience the solitude and scenic splendor of our trails with one of our experienced guides. 1.5 hour trips are designed to access destinations with outstanding scenic views and include informative content on fitness, clothing and equipment while exploring our unique NH natural history, forest ecology and wildlife. We break for Moose!
There are no regularly scheduled tours but we can arrange tours to meet your needs...3 person minimum, sign up by 3 p.m. the day before
Choose From Our Menu of Specialized Tour Options.
- Dancing in the Moonlight Tours may be available for 10 or more adult participants-- Weather and staffing permitting.
- Special Tours for Groups and Conferees can be booked through the Waterville Valley Resort Conference Center or Group Sales.
Guided Snowshoe Tours are $25pp midweek and $30pp weekends & holidays. Rentals available for an additional $10.
2012/13 Snowshoe Rental Rates
|Weekend & Holiday||$15||$13||$11|
|Add-A-Day||Purchase by 3pm & Save $2|